Friday, August 8, 2014

Home for Christmas


How about a Christmas card? I used this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for my starting point.


I wish you could see the glitter and shine but alas my photograph cannot capture
the beautiful shine. I glittered the snow laden tree, red ornaments and light
from the lantern using Stampin' Up dazzling diamonds and a Wink
of Stella glitter pen.
The image is from Stampin' Up "Home for Christmas".

I am also entering this at Merry Monday Christmas  where their
Challenge #120 is "Skiis, Skates or Sleds".
I love the sled against the door and would love to have one 
of my own to decorate for Christmas---found one
at our local vintage/antique shop, hmmmm!



I embossed some snowflakes with Stampendous white embossing powder
which I also used for the inside sentiment along with a few more stamped 
snowflakes.
I also was inspired by this beautiful picture at Festive Friday - doesn't 
it just scream Christmas. I loved the pine trees and wreath and of
course the color palette.
I have a sweet spot for old trucks...wish I could have worked 
that in as well, maybe another card?


I stamped the sled again,, coloring and fussy cutting so that
I could pop it up for some extra dimension.
I used foam dots to pop up the image as well after I cut around
it. I used re inkers as my coloring medium.


Hope you enjoyed my card half as much as I did making it and will
check out all of these great blogs and join me in starting
your own Christmas stash.


17 comments:

Cec said...

Love this and am visualizing all the sparkle. I love making Christmas cards this time of year because I feel like I have a chance of getting them all done. Of course I never do and have to scramble at the end.
Hugs!
Cec

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful card and I love the sketch!!!!!

Ardyth said...

Terrific combination of these challenges! I love the classic feel of the image and colours! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful - such a warm and cozy card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Meggymay said...

Can imagine how good in looks with all the glitter, a fantastic card.
Yvonne x

Marcia Hill said...

SO pretty! Great coloring too! A very heart warming and nostalgic looking card...love it! :0)

Josie said...

Great card! Reminds me of a stone cottage somewhere up in cold country....burrrrrr!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Gorgeous! I love how you've popped up the sled - and what a terrific decoration that would make :)

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Patti, fabulous colouring. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful scene, Patti! Love the dimension of the sled and those snowflakes behind the image! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Katie Melhus said...

This is so pretty! I love the detail of the dimensional sled and the scene is colored beautifully :) Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Cindy Hall said...

Fabulous card, Patti! I love the colors and papers you used with the image to keep it looking like an old fashioned holiday. Love the layers, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kay Miller said...

What a lovely image and colored so wonderfully! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Geri said...

Such a pretty card! And that image is so lovely and inviting! Love the added dimension to the sled! It's a beauty! Thanks for adding it to the Festive FRiday inspiration!!!

Jennie said...

Look at you getting a head start on Christmas cards! Beautiful design Patti!!!

Colleen said...

Patti,
Look at you starting to craft again, I'm still riding so for me it might be a bit yet. I've done a few things that I haven't posted. Great cards and I love the Christmas one.

Colleen said...

Patti,
I see you took most of the summer off also. I just can't keep up with work crafting and my horse. I did do three sets of ATC cards for my swaps that I have not posted yet. On to my Christmas stash before it gets too late or I get sick like last year. I'm determined to get everyone's out this year.