Friday, January 24, 2014

Challenges Here I come....


Happy Weekend, hope you are all staying warm. It was a balmy
-2 degrees here this morning but we are
staying warm, plus tomorrow is suppose to be 
a bit warmer, yeah!

I am sharing something new I tried this week, I picked up this beautiful 
dairy barn which is a free piece of clip art which you can find here.
I placed into my Cameo software doing a trace and detach which
released it from the background allowing me to pull this
pine tree from Beccy's Place in, which I duplicated
and re sized several times until I had the look I wanted.
I used Spectrum Noir markers to color and both
Martha Stewart snow and fine glitter as well as Stampin' 
Up dazzling diamonds to achieve my winter scene. 

For my inspiration I found two challenges that I just couldn't resist.

Festive Friday Challenge #23 which is this beautiful photo inspiration


I love barns and red ones the very best.

Merry Monday--Love these colors plus my first Christmas card of 2014
I used burlap and red ribbon.





Love both of these challenges, won't you join in?

I am also entering at Digitally Sweet Challenges - Anything Goes using a digital image 

thanks for stopping by.....



16 comments:

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Beautiful card, Patti! Love the glitter accents! Thanks so much for playing at Merry Monday!

craftieodmae said...

you blow my mind, I can see you sitting there just working away. You are really good at this downloading, resizing and putting together a gorgeous scene. Your card is gorgeous!!!! and yes it's cold but as you say gonna be warmer today, I did go shopping the other day but not for stamping stuff, a new Washer from Lowes LOL

Words and Pictures said...

Love that photo inspiration (red barns in the snow - who could ask for anything more?!), and the card you've made is just enchanting!
Alison x

Colleen said...

Patti,
Stunning! You sure are a pro with that machine. Your coloring is awesome and love the sparkle.

Kay Miller said...

Ooooh what a lovely scene you have created here! Such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Bonnie said...

What a pretty barn nestled among the trees! Great use of these colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love that big, beautiful red barn. Aren't scene cards fun to do! It is really a beautiful card!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great scene...love how you combined the trees and barn! Just beautiful. I would love to spend time with you and watch you in action on the cameo. Hugs, Theresa. Keep warm!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, I love the wintery scene you created. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

Ardyth said...

I would say that you've nailed these two challenges with this gorgeous classic stamp! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Your barn reminds me so much of my aunt & uncle's barn and takes me back to my childhood...it's so pretty with the sparkly snow and the majestic pine trees. Beautiful card, Patti! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday this week!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Kid-oh ...wish I could work that machine like you do! Mine broke ...some little person had shoved a little toy in it and I didn't know ....went to cut and before I could shut it down, the toy bent the band in the back and it snapped ....big sad face )-:

Denise Pustelniak said...

PERFECT job you did with the inspiration photo!
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Lovely, lovely craetion Patti!
Thanks for playing along at Digitally Sweet.
Lisa - Digitally Sweet DT.

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO lovely and emits such warmth too!!

Renee Matarese said...

Hi Patti, I always love hearing from you. I went through a bunch of your recent cards and they're all so beautiful! This is SO my favorite though! How pretty! Glad it sounds like you're doing well. We're buried in snow here in upstate NY but I don't mind. I'm perfectly happy to be in my craft room while it's snowing anyways!