Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ice, No bake cookies and Christmas cards....


As I am posting this on Saturday evening, our forecast is for freezing rain starting after midnight, what is it about the thought of being snuggled up at home with no where or way to go that makes me want to have sweets?????

With that in mind I made a favorite from childhood, No Bake Cookies or as we used to call them
Preacher Cookies, as they were a nice treat for when the pastor came to visit.
Just as good as I remember, look them up on Pinterest if you aren't familiar with them.
You can also fix them without the cocoa and have Peanut Butter No Bake, love those.
I found a recipe on Pinterest for the peanut butter ones and will be sure to try them before the Christmas season is over. Well, I have to have some excuse.......

I am also finishing up with my Christmas cards, are you done?

This is a set of cards that I made using the new set from Doodle Pantry called Winter Critters . My card fronts were done exactly alike with the penguin, tree and sentiment all from the same set, I used the snowflake swirl cut file from Silhouette, I simply turned it into a print and cut using the color picker to match the purple in my cute guy's knit toboggan. I printed extras so that I could fussy cut and pop up the cap. By using two different layering colors and different gems, I gave them a bit of character on their on.


I love the way these turned out, such a fast and simple way to get more of your cards done.

Be sure and stop by at the Doodle Pantry Blog tomorrow as Laurie may just have a surprise in store. Also, for those of you that helped support our fundraiser for Operation Write Home last month, a wonderful $597.00 was raised for them .
Thanks to all of you that bought the sets!

Well, off to fix dinner, hope this finds you warm, safe and enjoying the season.
Hugs........

5 comments:

Carla S. said...

Wonderful Christmas cards, Patti! Love the CAS style and cute image! Hope you don't get the predicted stormy weather. We are supposed to be cold and rainy, but probably no ice. Hope it turns out that way.

Daniele said...

brilliant cards Patti, I haven't even started yet
hugs

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Great card! And, inspiration about the silhouette file. I was wondering..."how did she get that to match so well. Fabulous idea!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgoeus cards...............and the ice is gone!!!!! I'm at work so it worked out for me LOL

Theresa's Studio said...

What cute cards, Patti! Sounds like you are having a very cold,icy week. Love what you do with the Cameo....wishing for one for Christmas. Stay warm and safe...off to see Doodle Pantry's surprise. Hugs!!