Sunday, February 10, 2013

Seize the Birthday Sketch #5



I am having a blast playing along with the sketch challenges at Seize the Birthday ! Every two weeks, a new sketch goes up with a card for week 1 being created with a feminine flair and week 2, masculine. A great way to grow your birthday card stash with no effort.


For my feminine card this week, I used a cut file that I picked up a while back and hadn't used as yet....love this flower pot! the leaves and part of the flowers are an insert.



My silhouette stamp and sentiments are from Stampin' Up's set "Vintage Labels" and"Just Believe". I also stamped the centers of the flowers with Distress Inks Worn Lipstick and a stamp from "Vintage Vogue".  I used the brick embossing folder sponged with rusty hinge and a white ink to create my cloudy sky.

I hope you will check out this great new blog and their fun challenges. I would also like to thank the team for choosing my card last week for "Birthday Honors".

Have a great day....


post signature

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, may have to check it out!!!!

Patti J said...

Sounds like a fun place to play! Will have to check it out. Your card is beautiful, Patti, and your take on the sketch is perfect! Great job! (Oh, there's some 'candy' at my place if you are interested)

Lesley said...

What a clever design, I love the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday this week.

Colleen said...

Patti,
Your are really all in with that cameo, I'm so glad you are having so much fun. Such a clever and pretty design.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love this one Patti, I'm terrible curious as to what the masculine one will look like, I do know it will be fabulous!
hugs
Glenda

Rose said...

love your pretty flowers and your take on the sketch :)
So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.