Saturday, December 1, 2012

Distressed.....


Distressing is the theme for this week's challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow and distressed is how I felt when creating this card. The eye doctor that co owned the building with the dentist
that I worked for 22.5 years passed away unexpectedly a couple
of weeks ago. His practice was next door to ours and he was in
and out of our office all of the time as he and my doctor were 
best friends. He had just retired the end of August!
Such a sad time for his family and friends.
Dying young at 60 years of age with his last grandchild just 3 weeks old 
and she was the first girl grand child.
So sorry she won't get to know him.

So I created my card to send to his family. I sponged the distressed background with
Tim Holtz distress inks and stamped and sponged the ivory die using 
pop dots to create some dimension.
I used the same foliage die for the inside.


Be sure and stop by at Sugar Creek Hollow for more wonderful inspiration 
from our talented team.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Rick and I are going to
a friends home to shoot some sporting clays today.
Wish me luck!

If you missed my Doodle Pantry post, it is just below!
post signature

11 comments:

Pat said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Patti, but such a beautiful card to send to his family. Hope the clay shooting went well, have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Meggymay said...

A wonderful card, lovely design and quote.
Yvonne

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, so appropriate for the occasion. Sorry for the loss of your friend! Good luck with the clays!

Judy said...

Hey Patti,

So very sorry to hear of your friend's passing, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family. This is a beautifully heart felt card, that I know will have great meaning for them.

xo
Judy

Words and Pictures said...

A beautiful, thoughtful card, which I'm sure will be so much appreciated by your friend's family. So sorry to hear of your loss, but this will mean a great deal, I've no doubt.
Alison x

craftieodmae said...

awesome card, hope you had fun Sat! Have a great week!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great job of distressing. Lovely card! Hope you had a great weekend. I am trying to get back in the swing of commenting after some time off.

Amelia said...

Your card is so appropriate for this sad time, Patti. Beautiful layout and the die cut leaves are so lovely with the image. So sorry to hear about the loss.
Amelia x

lada_vl said...

It is perfectly reflected vintage spirit!

Colleen said...

Patti,
This one is beautiful for the occasion. Sorry at the loss of a friend. Your Doddle Pantry one is really cute.

Jennie said...

So sad about your friend...Hugs and prayers. Lovely design and love the distressing you did.