Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's Release Day at Doodle Pantry


Happy November 1st....and that means that that it is time for this month's new release
at Doodle Pantry where you are going to love this month's new sets!

I have had the pleasure to work with Poinsettia  which includes outline as well
as color images, digital papers and sentiments. What a value!!!

Poinsettia


My first card is a little on the rustic side, I used some burlap ribbon with the sentiment and love
this plaid paper with the crumb cake card stock.


My second card is my creation using an idea that I saw somewhere last year
where someone suggested using the pre made photo cards available
during the holiday season to create a fast and simple card.
I found a couple of boxes of these cards on clearance after
Christmas. I am afraid after cutting all of the foliage, my ornaments and hand
cutting the ornament tops, it wasn't very fast, lol!
The poinsettia background was perfect with this set. The card
has a couple of pieces of tape (and I added a bit more) which I used
to attach the gold metallic die cut.
I used Spellbinder circle dies and a Stampin' Up scalloped punch
to create my ornaments along with a ornament topper stamped and hand
cut from a Justrite set. I die cut several pieces from Spellbinders
Foliage die set to create my pine topper.



I love the way they printed the inside sentiment which enables the card to be turned 
vertically or horizontally. I hope to give this a try soon on
some of my cards.

Our challenge at the Doodle Pantry Blog begins today at Noon, don't miss it! 
Just for entering our challenge where the only rule is to use a DP image you
will get free 
this month's set: Holiday Cactus which you can see on the blog at Noon. 

Winter Star is our free with any purchase for November.

Winter Star - Nov 1-24 Free w/purchase

We look forward to seeing what you create with Laurie's beautiful images and
hope you will enjoy seeing all of the beautiful cards created by our 
fabulous creative team.

Card Details:
Rustic: 
Paper: SU crumb cake, rubber cottage red, Paper Studio Vintage Santa
Ink: Spectrum Noir markers, distress ink to sponge
Other: Spellbinders dies and SU punch, Paper Studio burlap, PTI button,glitter

Ornament Card:
Paper: Pre Made photo card (Wal-mart clearance) DCWV metallic gold, scrap greens, PTI white
Ink: Spectrum Noir markers, distress ink to sponge
Other: Spellbinder circle die and foliage die, SU scallop punch, Walmart gold ribbon,
glitter


post signature

18 comments:

craftieodmae said...

beautiful flower, love the papers you used!

Esther Asbury said...

So pretty -- you're putting me in the mood for Christmas!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous. Especially love the first card with the fabulous background paper and burlap. Your second card with the poinsettia ornaments and leaves is very creative and so very beautiful.

Betty Benton said...

Terrific cards -- I do so love poinsettias!

Carla S. said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Patti! Love the papers and stamps you used!

Sharon Basel said...

Fabulous Patti! Love the ornament card - how clever to use the poinsettias that way. The plaid one is terrific too - your coloring is outstanding. Hope you're doing well!
Hugs,
Sharon

Linda Anderson said...

Two gorgeous cards Patti!! I do love the rustic feel of the first one. And what a clever idea to use holiday photo cards for the second one. Beautiful indeed!!!

Linda

CraftinGranny said...

Wonderful cards and so beautifully designed. Fantastic idea for the photo cards. Hope all is well with you. "Hugs"

Glenda Atkins said...

These two cards are wonderful! The elegance of the 'poinsettia' image shines through on both cards!Love the foliage wreath on the second one! Great design on both!!

Words and Pictures said...

So pretty... love the kraft in with the traditional colours!
Alison x

Colleen said...

Patti,
Love, love this one! That really stands out on the plaid.

Donna said...

Beautiful cards!I love how you've colored and embellished your cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Patti, love the Poinsettia and the gorgeous tartan paper. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Dawn Frost said...

Love both of your cards Patti, the background on the second one is gorgeous! Great way to recycle!

Marsha said...

Beautiful poinsettia and way to go with the recycling.

Unknown said...

I love poinsettias and you have highlighted them in spectacular fashion! Two beautiful cards!!

Debbie said...

These are both beautiful!! I really love the plaid one!!!

Lorianna said...

This is just gorgeous,
love the image
and fab details.
The Plaid DP is stunning!!
Hugs
Lorianna