Saturday, August 25, 2012

Birthday Celebration at Flourishes


I am back for a second post on this beautiful Saturday....hope you are having a great weekend.

While floating around blogland this week, I came upon Flourishes 5th Birthday Celebration and since I have several sets of their stamps that needed some love, I decided to play along with their challenges...this is just one of them, be sure and check out all of the rest and watch for my posts with the other 3 cards I am creating.  


I am also back for a go at another  Moxie Fab World Card Design Handbook challenge: Movement.  

I am having so much fun creating for both of these sites! It is challenging and fun to stretch yourself every once in a while. Be sure and take a look at Moxie Fab, you will learn so much and be sure and check out my post earlier this week featuring another of their challenges.

Using Flourishes set "Spring Ephemerals Collection 1" for my main image which I heat embossed with white embossing powder and chalks for my background I created a soft flowing base for the butterflies.
These were happy leftovers from my new set of Spellbinders dies.

I used the same curved rectangle Spellbinder die for the inside, adding embossed and die cut butterflies from a Stampin' Up embosslit die with liquid pearls.


Now, I need to run to the grocery store and get dinner started but hope to have some more time to create the rest of my cards and get them posted soon. 

Be sure and stop by Flourishes and Moxie Fab to check out all of the great challenges going on this week. Flourishes doesn't end until August 31 and you have until September 24 to get your cards linked at Moxie Fab!
post signature

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

super fantastic my friend!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

So simple, yet so chic and pretty!
Alison x

Betty Benton said...

Lookit all the pretty little butterflies! Great way to use the "leftovers"!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful , love the delicate pastel look!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Patti! You have now 100 followers!!

Colleen said...

Patti,
This was the most challenging for me. I had to get all the colors in. You did a perfect job. Love the little leftover butterflies.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is lovely, your embossing is wonderful. The springy colors are just perfect. Thanks for playing in Flourishes 2,4,6,8 Celebration!

Theresa's Studio said...

Had to come to check out your first entry ...lovely as all the rest. Good luck! Great use of all the colors...love your use of the punched out butterflies! So creative!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Patti! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)