Saturday, May 12, 2012

Playing Tag with ADFD.....


Happy Saturday and Happy Mother's Day if that applies to your part of the world.

Today at Sugar Creek Hollow we are creating tags and we have for a sponsor the fabulous A Day For Daisies which creates some of my very favorite images.

 A DAY FOR DAISIES provides themed categories of over 1000 fun and whimsical digital images, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!  


This week's winner will get a $12 gift certificate to Tammy's store!

Here at Sugar Creek Hollow we create in a vintage/shabby chic/primitive style and would love to see what you come up with this week. 
We are asking for a tag, this can be a stand alone tag or one used on your card. Just be sure to stay with our style.

I did a double layer tag using ADFD's beautiful "Vintage Water Lily Dress" which you can find Here in the store.  

Using watercolor paper, I placed a drop of Stampin' Up baja breeze and certainly celery reinker on an acrylic mounting block and then spritzed with water. I then laid the tag front and soaked up the ink and water. I love these two colors together. I then dropped more of the ink and used my water brush to color the dress. I had already used my copic to do her skin and hair and fussy cut her.
After letting the  image and tag dry.....patience is not one of my virtues, lol, I stamped the images from different sets randomly over the tag, front, inside and back.

I also added a bit of lace with a oil bronze finish pin and jewelry charm that had a pearl flower.


Th front has two layers of a doily that I used foam dots to lift and again with the lovely lady. I also sponged the other sides to this tag. I want to create a bag or box to go with this soon!
Hope you love it as much as I do, be sure and visit the rest of my teamies...beautiful eye candy this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.

~Happy Saturday~

I am also entering my tag at Inspired By which has this beautiful photo for inspiration this week. I of course loved the blue and that touch of green in the high vase and the wave of the ferns which I interpreted in my flourishes. 
  

Card Details:
Paper: 140lb water color paper
Ink: SU baja breeze, certainly celery-both pads and reinkers, versafine onyx black
Image: ADFD Vintage Water Lily Dress
Other: Copics, Spellbinders Labels 18, Clear Dollar Stamps designer dies, Studio 112 button, swirl stamp, Tim Holtz french market, Words for You by SU, SU ribbon, doily. Hero Arts script stamp

post signature

11 comments:

Carla S. said...

Your tag is absolutely gorgeous, Patti! I love the double-layer style and the vintage look! Beautiful image and details!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is stunning Patti! Love your inking technique... gives a beautiful finish!

Daniele said...

love how you did the background Patti, great tecnique
have a lovely weekend
hugs

Meggymay said...

Fabulous folding tag,the colours look so delicate.
Yvonne x

Laurel said...

This is just gorgeous, great take on the inspiration! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous tag, wonderfully designed and constructed!

Pat said...

Beautiful tag Patti, love the gorgeous image and the lovely vintage colours. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Pat xx

Sandy said...

I love tags and this is one wonderful idea. It so pretty!
Sandy

Colleen said...

Patti,
You know I love this one. The colors are beautiful soft and elegant.

Holly Young said...

such a gorgeous card! I so love what you did with that ADFD image!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Just a true vintage wonder! Love this style of tag, you inspire me to try it ...her dress just flows ....