Saturday, May 5, 2012

Black and White ....and exciting news at SCH!!


Do you love creating with Black and White???? I do, sometimes with just a pop of color, but this time I even left that out. This week at Sugar Creek Hollow we are doing just that for our challenge. You are allowed some color in your focal image but the rest of your creation needs to be black and white.    Now doesn't that sound like loads of fun? In fact, I made two cards since I couldn't decide on which one I wanted to do.

For my first card, I created a sympathy card using poppy images from Flourishes and a beautiful Bible verse from Verve. I layered black and white papers which were distressed and sponged slightly with distress ink. Layers of scalloped ovals, a few gems and some paper piercing and I love the way it came together. For my inside I used a couple more poppies and the sentiment from Gina K Designs Comfort and Peace.

I decided to go Christmas with my second card, now I know those are not traditional colors, but I just couldn't get this out of my head, ever do that?


Using Spellbinders ovals, I layered an opening with Papertrey Ink white and Stampin' Up black card stock. Using Stampin' Up's snowflake embossing folder, which is glittered but not showing in my picture, to frame this wonderful silhouette from the Come to Bethlehem set along with the sentiment. I added some old jingle bells that I have had for years to the sheer black ribbon.


Now for the news....we have added two very talented ladies to our design team at SCH and I hope you will give them a big old warm welcome!!!

Yvonne Whaley at Meggy's Way and Liz Droege at Lizzi Droege .
You will love their work! 
All of us at Sugar Creek Hollow love to see what you create for our challenges each week, the vintage and shabby chic style which is our trademark is one that I enjoy so much....I hope you do as well and will give our challenge a try this week.

Be sure and stop by SCH and check out the rest of our talented team!

Wishing you all a happy day!

Card Details:
Sympathy card- 
Paper: Papertrey Ink white and Stampin' Up black
Other: Flourishes Poppy Patch, Verve Isaiah 61:3, Gina K Designs Comfort and Peace
Spellbinders Oval Scalloped Dies, Dollar Tree grosgrain ribbon, Queen&Co gems, 
Versafine onyx black ink

Christmas card-
Paper: Papertrey Ink white and Stampin' Up black
Other: Versafine onyx black, Spellbinders Oval dies, SU snowflake embossing folder, Making Memories frame and brads, jingle bells, DT sheer ribbon, stardust pen

post signature

14 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Your cards are so pretty -- love that sheer bow you added to the Christmas card!

Theresa's Studio said...

Both cards are beautiful...great Black and White designs. Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs!

Carla S. said...

Both cards are beautiful, Patti! Black and white is so elegant for any occasion! Have a great weekend!

Glenda Atkins said...

Two very beautiful cards, love the poppies on the first card and the fabulous black bow on the second!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Beautiful cards, I love black and white it makes such elegant cards and yours are gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

Daniele said...

both cards are lovely Patti, the black and white works really well for a Christmas card
hugs

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning! The black and white contrast is striking!

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Patti, love the Christmas one it is gorgeous and that bow wow!! Hope you are having a good weekend.

Pat xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Both are fantastic. LOVE the Christmas card!

Colleen said...

Patti,
Love these black and white beauties. Those flowers are stunning in B&W.

Anonymous said...

patti
just love your card so simple yet so very elegant
so very happy to be designing with you and the girls at sch
lizzi

Meggymay said...

Both your cards are beautiful, the Christmas one looks wonderful.
So pleased to be joining you at SCH and thank you for the warm welcome.
Yvonne

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Both of these cards are amazing! I love my poppy set, and it looks beautiful in just the B&W.

Sandy said...

Both cards are gorgeous - I love black and white cards!
Sandy