Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Vellum Christmas...


Welcome to another Sensational Saturday here at Sugar Creek Hollow where the challenge this week was certainly a challenge for me as well, I believe this is the first card that I have ever used vellum on.

I wanted to create a Christmas card, that I knew for sure since the holiday will be here before I am ready and I am hoping against hope to have my cards ready to go on time.
I embossed a piece of softly tinted vellum with a Cuttlebug embossing folder to create a frame for my image which was stamped using Stazon and then heat set and laid aside to dry well. That beautiful "Silent Night" sheet music is a digital stamp that I purchased a while back at Gingerloft . I have a couple of other beautiful scenic images from them that I plan to use before long. I sponged the edges of the music sheet with distress ink and then attached my vellum to it with a couple of Stampin' Up snaps.


I hope you will give this one a whirl and show us what you can do with this material....the other girls at Sugar Creek have some beautiful ideas to share with you, so be sure and stop by for a visit.

I hope you are seeing this (scheduled with blogger) and if you have missed me posting, Rick and I have been away for a few days and will be back soon, so look for me to stop by then for a visit.

Enjoy your weekend!

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin Up cherry cobbler, ivory, dp Memory Box 'tinsel', unk vellum
Ink: Stazon black and Versafine onyx black
Other: Stampin Up snaps, SU Riding Hood Red striped gingham ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Studio 18 gems
Image: Stampin' Up "Come to Bethlehem"

11 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

love working with vellum and dont do it very often..your card is so lovely! beautiful beautiful
enjoy your time away (-:

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh... this is absolutely stunning! Beautifully done my friend!

Patti J said...

This is so pretty, Patti! Love that Silent Night stamp, and you are a genius using it in the background! Beautifully done :)

Pat said...

Patti this is just gorgeous, I love the stamping on the vellum and the embossing....... in fact I love absolutely everything about this card... fantastic.

Pat xx

Tracy Vinson said...

Hi Patti, another show-stopper for you. I just really love it! My favorite element though has to be that ribbon....delish!

Betty Benton said...

Your vellum worked beautifully -- stunning work!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Patti! I love the music and the vellum overlay! Beautiful striped ribbon!

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is just beautiful! I love the velum overlay.

CraftinGranny said...

What a gorgeous Christmas Card Patti. That vellum overlay is just perfect. Glad you had some much needed time away and had so much fun. Now if you could just give that cold back.....lol "Hugs"

Sharon Basel said...

Gorgeous Patti! It looks as though you're a vellum professional with this beauty! Love the vellum image overlayed on that wonderful music paper. And the bow steals the show - stunning creation!