Friday, August 19, 2011

Catch the Bug


My first experience with Bugaboo Stamps came last month during a challenge while creating for Sweet Sketch Wednesday which you can see here .  So when I found the challenge site for them this week, I decided to play along. Catch the Bug is having a distressed/shabby chic challenge that will end tomorrow, so if you are so inclined don't delay. I decided to use the same image that I used for SSW, Fancy Umbrella #4 which I love and create something that I could use every day or at least almost every day. I will be starting a new design team in September and to keep up with all of my commitments I decided to convert an old scrapbook that I have had for years and years into a challenge journal. As many of you know, I love vintage and this will be something that pleases me each time I work in it. I will give details on designers in my card details at the end of the post. I layered a large piece of design paper on some very vanilla card stock to begin and turned it at a slight angle. My umbrella is in a digital frame from Percy and Bloom and then cut out and distressed with ink and colored with distress inks. I used a textile embossing folder and then sponged it with distress inks to make a background for my sentiment. I also used a text stamp to stamp on the bracket.


For the inside I made tabs for the design paper to make separate areas for each of the teams info. I also added more of the paper and dressed it up with a variety of stamps and sentiments. I love how this turned out and hope you will also. Be sure and stop by the blog if you have time.


I off stamped the images on the pages and stamped with the third impression to give it an aged effect.





Take care of yourselves and hope to see you tomorrow for my SCH post. Happy Day!

Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up black and very vanilla, K&Co Ancestry.com
Inks: Tim Holtz distress inks,vintage photo, peeled paint, broken china, Versafine onyx black
Images: Bugaboo Fancy Umbrella 4
             Imagine Studio 112, Sentiment of Thanksgiving Paper Cupcakes, Simple Sentiment Flourishes Timeless Quotes,              Damask and Flowers Inkadinkado and Hampton Arts, Text Hero Arts
Other: Chipboard Making Memories, Riboon SU, Walmart, Martha Stewart, Spellbinders Labels 18, Label Plumrose Lane, SU tab punch, Martha Stewart  border punch, Embossing Folder Textile

4 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

This is so gorgeous Patti! I love everything about it and how you've added those so important extras. Can tell lots of love went into making this one. And I remember when you thought you couldn't do Shabby-Chic. We'll you've definately proven yourself wrong with this beauty. "Love & Hugs" Carol

mulberry station said...

What a gorgeous project Patti. YOu really nailed this one. It is very shabby and Chic. Well done, my friend!
Hugs, Nancy

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cover what fab details.
luv
debby

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow! You are the queen of shabby chic GF! Love it!