Monday, April 11, 2011

Magical Monday for Paper Cupcakes

Well gang, it's Monday again and that means time for my card for this week's challenge for Paper Cupcakes where Chelsea Barnes is our hostess and challenges us to use fabric and stitches in our creations. As you all know, I do not sew with a machine so I had to resort to my old cross stitching days and decided to use a piece of aida cloth that I am still holding on to. I love to cross stitch but my eyes don't like for me to do it as much as they used to. My papers are from the new Prima pack called Madeline that I recently ordered and my coloring was done with Prismacolors and OMS. I really love this image by Nina which is called "Decorative Egg" I hope you can join in on the challenge this week. You can use any image you would like to, but if you use a PCC image your name will be entered in the draw for our prize, twice.


I hope you all had a super weekend...Rick and I got away for a few hours on Saturday to shoot in a fund raiser tournament for a local church in our area. It was such a blast, we were able to meet up with some friends that we haven't seen in quite and it was a gorgeous day set up on a local horse farm and next to the beautiful New River that runs through our area. Here's wishing you all a happy day!!

7 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and the way you have colored it. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Have a great day.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gorgeous GF! Love your aida cloth!

Heide said...

Very pretty card. The image is lovely and great paper.

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Oh what a very beautiful card inside and out!! You have colored the image so pretty...love the look of the burlap!!

Colleen said...

Patti,
What a beautiful image and your coloring is perfect! I'm really glad you were able to get away.

Pat said...

Beautiful card Patti, love that super image of Nina's and your colouring, great stitching too.

Pat xx