Monday, November 8, 2010

Merry and Bright


Debbie has challenged us this week at Paper Cupcakes to create a Christmas Card using colors other than the traditional ones. I chose to use card stock that I picked up in a paper pack several years ago to create my card along with Nina's image "Merry and Bright" which is a fav of mine. I love moose and he is adorable. I colored this using Prismacolors pencils and oms.
The lime green satin ribbon is from the Dollar Tree and I also used a Making Memories pebble. I hope that you can join in our challenge and play along this week, we always have a great time seeing your creations and visiting your blogs. So hop on over and see what the rest of the team has created and get your thinking caps on.
I was at Wal-Mart lately and browsing the Christmas decorations and there is some lovely inspiration there. They are offering ornaments and accessories in brown, teal, peridot green and purples to name just a few of the non traditional colors.
Happy Monday and here's hoping that you have a wonderful start to your week. Hugs and laughs to all!

9 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Cute card...love this image and your non-trad colors. Must do this challenge this week.

Colleen said...

Patti,
This guy is soooo cute, love the pink and lime green.
Did you pick up your award yet on my blog?

Pat said...

Great card Patti, love the pink and green together and great choice of image.

Pat xx

Dru said...

Ohhhh Patti - this is so darn cute! The pastels are lovely as is your coloring! Hugs, Dru

Kathy and Lucky said...

You did a great job with the colors and what a cute image, so adorable.

berg4 said...

I too love this image - my favorite parts are the Christmas lights. Great color choices!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh my but you are an enabler. Thanks so much for the tip about the purple decorations and Christmas stuff at Wal-Mart. I'll have to check it out now. Beautifully done and I too love Nina's mooses. Great take on the challenge. "Hugs" Carol

Debbie Schneider said...

Hi Patti - I see you like Moose too - I know that I will be using this image soon as well - as I love it - your card is fabulous and I really like the soft colors that you choose - the green ribbon is just so pretty too!!

Nilla said...

My favorites, pink and green, perfect for Christmas, LOL! Love your card! Hugs Nilla