Thursday, July 29, 2010

Quilts and Wreaths



Hey guys,
Just a quick post to show you the two cards that I made for the blast from the past and the inspiration challenges at StampTV . Linda Payne's blast this week is to create a quilt card with it being the focus and only using a sentiment and no stamped image. I made this card by punching scalloped squares and die cutting small peony shapes over the flowers in the dp. I added buttons and my sentiment on a die cut scalloped rectangle.
Brenda's inspiration picture was a lovely wreath and I usually am not so literal in my inspiration cards but decided to make a wreath. Again, I punched some of the flowers and then I stamped flower shapes and cut them out of the dp. I used pop dots to make different heights in my wreath. The sentiment is from Gina's new set Seeds of Kindness. I embossed the background with a cuttlebug embossing folder.
Hope you like them and will leave me a note..love hearing from everyone.


Wreath card: cs- SU white, rose red, DP Basic Gray Green at Heart
Ink-Versafine Onyx black
Stamps- GKD Seeds of Kindness
Accessories: Sizzix tag dies SU punches, Sizzix leaf die, GKD buttons, Cuttlebug embossing folder- Devine


Quilt card:
cs- Bazzill brown, unk green for base, dp- Basic Gray Origins
Ink- Versafine vintage sepia
stamps- Gina K Nana's Needlework
Accessories- SU scallop punch, nesties long scalloped rectangle, peony, buttons by GKD

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Patti,
Both cards are so beautiful!