Friday, July 9, 2010

Open challenge at Isabella's


Back again...Rick and I had company for dinner last night, so I had leftovers today and the house was clean so I have played in my stamp room and Sable(one of my cats) and I took a short cat nap today. This is an image that I won at Isabella's sketchbook and I wanted to try something different during their anything goes this week. I had bought a few packs of flower seeds so I made a holder to attach to the front of my card to insert the package. I colored the image "1888 Seed Catalog" with prismacolor pencils and oms. I used Gina K's creme de menthe as my base and layered with dp from Basic Grey. I used my SU embosslit to make a butterfly. I love the images at Isabella's...so varied and just my style. Please check them out when you have time to window shop!
Here is a picture of Sable on the day bed in my stamping room! He loves crafting!

9 comments:

Cec said...

You and Sable made a terrific card. I love the colours and your butterfly is a great addition. Thanks for joining us at Isabella's Sketchbook again - we love having you.
Hugs!
Cec

Lisa said...

I love this card! This new seed packet image is so sweet and your butterfly is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at Isabella's!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours you've chosen and the butterfly is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Isabella's Sketchbook. Sue C x

Viv said...

What a great idea Patti! Love the seed packet holder, and your colours are lovely. At least Sable was on the bed, not helping you colour as my ratbag sometimes does! Thanks for playing again at Isabellas! Viv x

craftieodmae said...

card is gorgeous and Sable is adorable, he looks as excited about stamping as my Bandit gets LOL.

Sharon said...

I love this seed packet holder you've made. What a novel idea. Wonderful colouring too. Thanks for joining in the fun at Isabella's this week. Hope to see you back again. hugs Sharon x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very nicely done! I haven't tried this one yet, but I love it and you have inspired me to use it! Such a cool idea to use it for a seed packet holder! So glad you could have some fun with us this week at Isabella's Sketchbook!

Peri said...

What a lovely project - and I adore the image too. Now I want to go colour it up! You've made such a good job of this - thank you for sharing it with us as Isabella's.
Hugs
Peri x

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those catalog images. I used the tulip one on this week's challenge. Your card is beautiful and I am glad that you got a cat nap in, too. I am so glad that you got to play with us at Isabella's this week.