Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Masculine in Neutrals


I am submitting this card for two separate challenges...The first is for Play Date Cafe and their challenge involving neutrals. I love these colors and the inspiration picture this week. Please check it out. And my second challenge spot is at Speedy the Cat and their masculine card. I created an easel card using card stock from Gina K: ivory, brown, black and tan leather. I love this set by Stampin' Up entitled Travel Post....haven't used it a lot but should because I love the vintage elements to it. I sponged Versafine vintage sepia over the focal image on the tan leather paper and then sponged the twill ribbon. My hardware is also by SU. This is a very simple and quick card but I know all my male friends would appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out...please leave a note.

10 comments:

Colleen said...

Patti,
How wonderful is this, those suitcases look pretty full

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Masculine card Patti - the sponging and choice of SU image is perfect! Good luck with your challenges.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY!! I just love this easel card--great idea and beautiful (or handsome) masculine card!! Love that ribbon treatment on the top!! Great job:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Works for any male! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

craftieodmae said...

another beauty GF, sorry I couldn't go last night.......maybe next time.

Suzanne C said...

Great idea to create a masculine card with the colors they work well together. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Janice M said...

Great masculine card! I like the hardware.

Ruby said...

Such a great masculine card! Love the way you've made our colours work for you! Great design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Julia Aston said...

Love the easel design and the great masculine colors! thanks for playing with Speedy this week!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card Patti!