Monday, July 26, 2010

Dog Days of Summer


Happy Magical Monday!
It's time for a new challenge at There's Magic in the Air and free goodies. Our theme this week is Dog Days of Summer and whatever that means to you. With the heat wave that we have been having I certainly can relate to this phrase. All I would want to do if I had to be out in the heat would be to laze around and sleep just like the dogs that I had as a child used to love to do. When I was a child my Dad owned a wooden boat that we would take out on the New River here in southwest Virginia and just float and try to cool off when the heat was too much. It is a special memory and when I heard what the challenge was I thought of Nina's image "Beached Boat". I made an easel card and after coloring my boat, I cut it out with my long scalloped rectangle Nesties and attached to the front which I had sponged to make a sky and background scene. The cattails are from another set that I own, but I thought they made the perfect touch to the scene. I hope that you will find time to check out our site and try the challenge. Below is a picture of the goodies that Nina is giving away this week.

This is the inside of my card.


Hope this is a great start to your week. Please leave me a comment if you have time and stop by TMITA and play with us at Paper Cupcakes.

CS- GinaK Ivory base
Stamps--Image "Beached Boat" PCC, GKD Gone Fishing, SU Botanicals (sentiment)
Ink- Memento Cantaloupe, Danube Blue, Summer Sky, Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, Versafine Onyx Black, Prismacolor & Oms

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic card, I love the New River, my favorite is Foster Falls, nice and shady by the water.......little piece of Heaven on earth! Have a great one!!

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Patti this is so pretty....I just love it....great job on your coloring .....just beautiful.....

Dru said...

Beautiful card Patti - I love this image and your lovely memory!

Nina said...

Patti, this is just beautiful. I love how you used your nestie on this and those cat tails were the perfect addition to the card as well. Your sky is just beautiful and you card so soft, inviting and serene. Love hearing your fond memeories as well, Just a beautiful card!

Amber (bambi64) said...

LOVE your card!! Almost picked this image myself now I'm kicking myself that I didn't! Beautiful addition with the cat tails stamp.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is wonderful Patti! The scene you've created is beautiful!

Nilla said...

Beautiful, you used one of my favourite of Ninas images! Very serene scenery! Love it! Hugs Nilla

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is soooooo cool looking! I just love scene cards and yours is perfect!